- This website is being updated in the next months – so bear with the rather limited layout! For any info please email email@example.com.
- We’re running weekend paddles, moonlight paddles, and swimming-pool sessions over the Winter 2020 months.
- Our formal 2020 season starts in April when there is more light, warmer weather, and a bit less water in the Thames.
- If you’re intersted in honing your capsizing skills in the comfort of a warm swimming pool, fancy trying out one of our chilly winter paddles, or just want to find out what we get up to…email the secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can also seem some more up to date info at our facebook page : https://www.facebook.com/canoeoxford/
We were originally formed as Riverside Centre Canoe Club and were part of Oxford County Council youth service until, in April 2011, we separated and became the Oxford Canoe and Kayak Club, run entirely by volunteers. The club remains affiliated to Riverside and retains its historical focus on providing paddling opportunities and coaching for young people but the adult section is growing and we welcome enquiries from all age groups, and families.
We have a fleet of around 50 closed cockpit kayaks and open canoes, and have access to the sea kayaks, sit-on-top kayaks, and canoes owned by the Riverside Centre.
Joining the club
The club comprises two sections that meet weekly from April to October:
We are also currently running Saturday sessions which are open to all club members.
Weekend trips are run throughout the year and we have run extended trips to Scotland, Norway, and the French Alps. Over the winter, the focus switches to pool-based sessions.
For non-members we offer taster sessions, courses and tours.